Sensory Symposium: Sensory theatre for & with audiences with complex needs
Interplay Theatre’s producer and the developer of the VR production, ‘Conductor’ will be giving a presentation on ‘Exploring the Senses Through Virtual Reality’ at the Sensory Symposium in Edinburgh.
This symposium will bring together artists, practitioners and venues who are passionate about reaching people with complex needs, and looking at what’s next for the sector.
The day will be a mix of panel discussions and presentations by artists and venues working in this field. It will draw on Ellie Griffiths work with Sound Symphony as a starting point for discussions around what sensory theatre is and what it might look like in the future.
- To raise awareness of specialised work for diverse audiences
- To share knowledge and current research in the area of neurodiversity and performance
- To build relationships between artists and venues
- To raise the standard of cultural provision for people with diverse needs
[eltd_button size="large" type="" text="Register for Event" custom_class="" icon_pack="font_awesome" fa_icon="" link="https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/sensory-symposium-sensory-theatre-for-with-audiences-with-complex-needs-registration-58626013986" target="_blank" color="" hover_color="" background_color="" hover_background_color="" border_color="" hover_border_color="" font_size="" font_weight="" margin=""]
Upfront Performance Network is an artist-led network to inspire, connect and support artists and practitioners making theatre with and for young people and adults with diverse needs.
Frozen Light create and tour multi-sensory theatre specificallly made for audiences with profound and multiple learning disabilities. Since 2012 they have toured to 70 theatre venues and arts centres across the UK.
Capital Theatres operates three busy theatre venues in Edinburgh; the Festival Theatre, the King’s Theatre and The Studio. Operating as a registered Scottish charity, we present world-class shows to entertain and inspire audiences of all ages.
Independent Arts Projects is a producing and management organisation led by Mhari Robinson, based in Edinburgh.
- The Studio is location on the 2nd Floor, with lift access
- Access guides will be available before the event.
- Assistance dogs are welcome, and water will be provided
- There will be a quiet space available throughout the day
- Accessible toilets are on the 1st floor (lift available), the nearest changing places toilet is at the National Museum of Scotland.
- Frozen Light will provide several travel bursaries for prople who would find it difficult to attend due to transport costs